This post is a few days late. I usually always upload Aston’s monthly updates right on time but this month we were away and too busy to do it. Yesterday Aston and I went to the beach together. I planned on going for half the day but little miss decided to nap for 4 hours and didn’t wake up until 2.30pm! I think she is catching up on sleep from last week. Anyway, while we were at the beach I decided to do her 1o month photos there but I didn’t have the camera on me. So you’re stuck looking at my iPhone photos haha. The quality isn’t so good but I had to get creative with the shells and didn’t want to miss the opportunity to shoot photos.
Aston is almost a year old! I am still figuring out what to do for her birthday. I have ideas but ughhhh I can’t rely on the weather! In one month she starts kohanga and in two months she turns ONE!!!! Gosh, it’s crazy.
1 0 M O N T H S
- 75cm long (estimate)
- Gives kisses and cuddles
- Blows kisses
- Says “mum” and “dad”
- Has a second tooth popping up!
- Slept on a marae
- Plays peek-a-boo
- Picked (mostly ate) strawberries
- Had her first Christmas
- Loves being around people
- Suffers from extreme FOMO (Fear of missing out)
- Wants to walk so badly but can’t
- Close to standing on her own
- Likes to sing
- Puts everything in her mouth
- Has discovered a new cheesy smile (I’ll insert a photo at the end here)
- Does this weird smile thing where she smiles and then doesn’t smile and repeats at least 4 times in the space of just 7 seconds
- She’s so responsive I feel like she understands what we’re saying and replies in her baby talk
- Likes to rub all of her food over her entire head
We’ve done lots of things in the last month. We had Christmas and went kayaking (not Aston), we went to Hastings for my Koro’s unveiling, we slept on the marae (mine and Aston’s first time), and we’ve spent time at the beach. So here are a few photos, again, from my phone.