As you know, Aston turned 12 months a few weeks ago. I’ve already posted lots about her birthday and what we’ve been up to lately. But I wanted to round up her monthly photos. All of the photos I took for her 12 months turned out TERRIBLE so you’ll have to settle for a couple of photos from my phone.
1 2 M O N T H S
- 78cm long
- Loves music & dancing
- Talks loud and a lot
- Eats everything
- Loves to sing at the top of her lungs
- Tries to climb up our shelves and out the window
- Enjoys pulling everything out of the drawers
- Like to watch people cook (and by ‘people’ I mean Bryton because, duh!)
- Would rather walk (with assistance) than crawl
- Likes to crawl outside and down our steps and cries out to you to come and hold her so she can pat the neighbours dog (I don’t even want to touch it myself)
- Likes to play the ukulele and piano
- Rolls around, sits up, or tries to cuddle you when you are changing her nappy
- Peed on our carpet for the first time
- FOUR teeth!
- Likes to kiss the boys at kohanga
- Gives proper close-mouth kisses instead of her usual open mouth slobber kisses
- Forward-facing in her car seat
- Learnt more sounds to add to her vocab
- Loves watching The Wiggles
She’s so much fun to play with. Now that she is older and eager to explore I can see why it’s such a good idea to have her go to kohanga. She has a lot more space and toys there to play with. Our house is tiny and she gets sick of the small space really quickly. She tries to crawl outside every single day and it’s so hard to contain her. But she is so happy all of the time and really easy to take care of. She makes motherhood a breeze. It’s crazy how fast the year has gone. I can’t believe I’ve been a mother for over a year now but it feels so natural.
I love being on this journey with her.